As it would seem, Greece was this year’s gay vacation hotspot because everyone (and their dilfs) vacationed in some part of the country. I knew a few people who went and a handful of celebs and their partners lived it up out there also. Well if you’re anything like me (broke) you might need a little time to scrap together your coins for a nice relaxing vacation. So I’m going to help you plan a completely awesome getaway for 2016 with 5 great vacation spots for the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (For the partiers) – Here in Rio you’ll find clubs in abundance, as well as some pretty huge parties and some of them, are frequently hosted by a celebrity. Le Boy is probably the most popular nightclub, while The Week has 2 floors that can hold up to 3000 people. And let’s not forget the countless parties and events that happen during Pride. Honestly, Rio has enough to keep you occupied all night.
- Phuket, Thailand (For the foodies) – Care for a little Gaeng Ped Gai? How about some Khao Neow Ma-Muang? Thailand has a rich culture, and it shows in the food they eat. Thai food can vary by region; for instance, if you’re in the Northern regions you’re probably eating rice with different chili sauces, and if you’re in the Southern regions you’d be eating more spicy vegetables with meat and rice. Or you could always head to the Central region and sample all Thailand has to offer.
- Madrid, Spain (For the cultured) – If you want to Instagram a picture of yourself looking pensive in front of a painting you can never hope to understand then look no further because Madrid is the place for you. Madrid boasts about 52 specialty museums, 13 art museums with 18 art galleries, 8 history museums, and a couple of planetaria thrown in for good measure. Rest assured, you’ll get all of the culture you can possibly soak up.
- Puerto Vallarta, Mexico (For the beach-goers) – Okay, so you don’t want culture. Let’s say you’d rather just get drunk on the beach and risk a horrible sun tan accident. Well, you can always hit one of the many beaches in Puerto Vallarta. With a little over 50 beaches, you can find one that fits your chill. Is clothing optional? Check. Floating bar? Check. Seclusion for “extracurricular activities”? Check. Good luck on getting that sand out of your nether regions though…
- Cap Cod, Massachusetts (For the lovers) – Don’t you just love watching the sunset and hearing the gentle crash of the waves against the rocky shore while you gaze lovingly into your lover’s eyes? Shut up, yes you do! And Cape Cod is the perfect place to do it! Hold each other’s hands while you walk through the lush Heritage Gardens, realize your mutual fear of heights in one of the many lighthouses in the area, or get lucky at the Wellfleet Drive-In Theater. If you’re an active type, there are many great hiking trails—whether for a day trip or a days-long hike interspersed with camping. There’s no limit to what you and your love can do or see so go ahead and give Massachusetts a try.
So there you have it. 5 fabulous vacation ideas. Now go out there and get your travel on y’all!